Microsoft released the latest version of Exchange Server 2019 in October 2018. Now it is the single Exchange Server version which you can deploy on Windows Server Core. It has enhanced security features and improved performance; it supports up to 48 processor core and 256 GB of RAM
Today We are Discussing about Installation of Exchange Server 2019.Before we move on to installation of Exchange Server 2019 We have to prepare the environment for Exchange Server.
Domain Controller : Windows Server 2019 With Forest Level Windows Server 2016
Exchange Server : Windows Server 2019 With 32 GB RAM (Only for LAB), Recommended is 128 GB RAM
Preparing the Active Directory and Domain for Exchange Server 2019
These are the Prerequisites Before installing Exchange Server 2019
- Install the .NET framework (4.7.2 or 4.7.1).
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio.
- Install Unified Communications Managed API.
- Reboot the computer system.
- Run Windows Powershell as an Administrator and input the following command –
- Run the following command –
Install-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation, RSAT-ADDS
This command will install the server prerequisites.
Start the command prompt and change the directory to the Exchange installation media path.
Run the command –
Setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
- Run the following command –
Setup.exe /PrepareAD /OrganizationName:”<organization name>” /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
- Run the command –
Setup.exe /PrepareAllDomains /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
The command will enable the Active Directory Domain for Exchange Server 2019.
Follow the below steps for installing Exchange Server 2019.
- Log on to the Mailbox server.
- Start the Exchange Server 2019 installation Media.
- Start Exchange Server 2019 Setup by double-clicking Setup.exe.
- On the “Check for Updates” page, select whether you want Setup to download product and security updates for Exchange 2019. Click Next to proceed.
- After the Setup has finished copying files on the Copying Files page, click Next to proceed.
- Setup is initialized and the Introduction page opens up which gives further information about the installation process. Read the content and Click next to continue
- The License Agreement page opens up, read the terms and conditions, select the ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement‘, and then click Next.
- The ‘Recommended Settings’ page opens up, select whether you want the Exchange Server to use recommended settings, or you want to manually configure these settings after the installation is complete.
Select ‘Use recommended settings’ and click Next.
- On the Server Role Selection page choose whether you want to install the Mailbox role or the Edge Server role. Here, the Mailbox server role has been selected. Once you select the Mailbox Server Role, the Edge Server role cannot be selected and the Management Tools option will be selected by default. Select the ‘Automatically install Windows Server roles and features that are required to install Exchange Server’ checkbox and click Next to proceed
- Specify the installation path for Exchange Server on the ‘Installation Space and Location’ page. You can choose the default installation location or use Browse button to specify a new location. Ensure that installation location has suitable storage space
- In the next step, you will be asked whether you want to enable or disable the Malware Protection Setting. Make your choice and click Next.
- In the next step, computer will do the readiness check to find out if the organization and server role prerequisite have completed successfully. If unsuccessful, click Back to perform the required tasks and run the readiness check again. If successful, click Install to continue.
- Installation Started
- The software is installed. And once the setup installs all the components, the Setup Completed page is displayed. Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Now We will try to access Exchange Admin Center
Team, Now we have successfully installed Exchange server 2019 in our lab environment.Further Configuration will be coming soon Stay tuned…